Monday, March 9, 2009

Eleanor Rigby's new best friend

My friend Alan Vawdrey composed this little masterpiece recently. The song is called Edward Blake and it's a great jig for a dark fairytale, something along the lines of Tim Burton, methinks. I wrote a song last month about a ghost unlike most that follows a similar theme, but for the uke. We must have been tapping into a similar macabre vein of music independently of each other. Our songs are even in the same key. I'm really into this creepy style of songwriting.

Here's a picture of Edward Blake with Eleanor Rigby.




I'm really digging Edward Blake. I used to sit behind Al in band class for years while he hooed on his clarinet and I tooted my trumpet. Great to hear the clarinet back in action in this song.

Check it out.



Edward Blake - Copyright 2009 - Alan Vawdrey

2 comments:

  1. i love that song!!! HAHAHA it reminds me of Halloween!
    anyway,
    DADDY! you have to update your blog more I just checked and i say you posted that like a few weeks ago,but whatever

    luv ya---emmie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey that was an awesome song. REPEAT that was an AWESOME song. Update your blog more.(cuase i dont live with you so I dont know whats happening in your life)Thank you
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete