Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Weekend in the Cascades

Tyler and I spent a weekend camping in the cascades with Mike and Hunter and I fell in love with camping all over again. We had a rootin' tootin' good time to say the least. We threw a tent, some sleeping bags, and a cooler into a boat and found a cozy sandy beach and camped right on the shore. We caught a turtle and handfuls of frogs and fish. We experienced the thrill of an osprey striking Tyler's fish as he was reeling it in, while I was next to him reeling in my own fish. We drifted the glassy evening and morning waters casting spinners while loons called. We roasted our fish on the campfire. We gazed at the stars. The kids caught frogs at night with flashlights. I'm already hearing the call of the wild again.





























Mouth harp. Heck yes.













5 comments:

  1. Oh, so fun!!! I'm ready to get my camping on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an incredible trip! I wish I could have seen the bird diving for the fish....and I like how in one of your videos the sun is black...cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved going with you on your camp out, what a beautiful place!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, thanks for posting, Dad and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. DONATE?! wait i mean write more posts!

    ReplyDelete